A-Z InformationA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
The canteen is open on Tuesday to Friday each week during school term. An online ordering and payment system is available. Lunches can be ordered and paid for online until 8.30am on the day the meal is required. Please go to the following website for details and ordering: FlexiSchools - Online Ordering and Cashless Schools
Open and effective two way communication is of paramount importance at Forrest Primary School. This is because of the shared role that the community, parents, teachers and students play in everything that we do. We encourage involvement - together we can make our school the very best it can be - for everyone!
A school counsellor regularly visits the school. School counsellors have skills and knowledge in psychology, assessment, counselling and guidance. They work jointly with teachers, administrators, parents and others from the wider community to promote the optimum development of every student.
The counsellor could be involved in the following:
- Individual counselling - assisting students on a one to one basis in educational, behavioural, emotional and/or social problem solving
- Parent consultation - making direct contact with parents regarding the specific needs of the child
- Individual testing - providing assessment of students on a one to one basis
- Special Needs Program - identifying and assisting with the placement and programs of students with special needs
- Group counselling - assisting students in educational, behavioural, emotional and/or social problem solving in a small group setting
- Staff consultation - consulting with staff members regarding student educational, behaviour special and/or emotional progress
- consultation with other agencies - with parental agreement, referring students to other agencies coordinating delivery of services If you wish to contact the school counsellor, contact the school which will be able to tell you when she/he is available.