A-Z InformationA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
The ACT Department of Health advises that all children attending school in the ACT should be immunised against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, measles, mumps, rubella and HIB (Haemophilus influenza type b). We would ask that you check your child's present immunisation status to see whether it is complete for his/her age (this needs to be up to 4 years of age). ACT Public Health regulations require schools to request proof of up to date immunisation when enrolling.
Failure to provide this may result in your child being excluded from school should an outbreak of an infectious disease occur. A copy of exclusion periods for students with infectious diseases is available. Parents are asked to adhere closely to these requirements unless medical advice to the contrary is provided in writing.
Information Resource Centre
Our aim is to make the Information Resource Centre a friendly, interesting place with the ways and means of finding what the students want to read and people willing to help them do this. There is an emphasis on the pleasure principle, the fun and rewards of finding and reading books.
- Students in kinder can borrow 1 book and years 1 - 6 may borrow two books
- Normal borrowing period is one week
- Library bags are required for the protection of books
- Once a week there is a scheduled visit to facilitate good borrowing patterns and library usage
- The information Resource Centre is open for borrowing and reading from 11.00am - 11.50am
- Compensation is sought for lost or damaged items
- A reminder notice is sent home with your child to indicate overdue items