After School Care (FOOHSC)
Forrest Activity Centre provides quality before school care, after school care, and vacation care for primary school aged children on the school site. The centre is managed by a subcommittee of the Forrest Primary Parents and Citizens Association and exists not only to provide care for the children of parents in the work force, but also occasional care for those who need it.
At FASC we believe that children should be valued for their individuality and allowed time for unstructured play before and after their school day and during school holiday periods, in a safe and caring environment where all children feel that they belong and are valued as individuals.
We aim to:
- Deliver a high quality and affordable after school care program;
- Provide the children with an enjoyable environment in which they feel comfortable and safe;
- Provide diverse activities that enhance children's social, emotional, language, cognitive, creative,and physical development whilst also considering a healthy lifestyle;
- Provide relaxing, enjoyable and interesting activities tailored to different abilities;
- Support the development of each child's potential and take account of anti-bias issues such as gender, age, sexism, religious, cultural or ethnic background and stereotyping;
- Develop a positive rapport and be an effective resource with children, parents, the school and the wider community;
- Support the school with provision of childcare for special events as required;
- Provide opportunities for staff to further their skills and knowledge through professional development courses, which in turn will enable the highest professional standard of childcare to be delivered;
- Ensure that the management of the Centre is efficient, effective and accountable and that resources including the building and facilities are of a suitable standard.
FASC Hours of Operation
- FASC Before School Care 7.30am to 8.55am
- FASC After School Care 3.00pm to 6.00pm
- FASC Holiday Care 8.00am to 6.00pm
For further information please contact the centre Director
Contact Details Phone: 6295 8985
Or visit the FASC Website: www.forrestpandc.com.au